Your privacy is important to us at PSS Industrial Group (“PSSI”), and we are committed to handling personal information in a manner which is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. Thus, we have developed this Privacy Notice to explain how we use, share, retain and secure the personal information which we collect through our website and/or which is collected through our other business activities. It is important that you carefully read this Privacy Notice and understand PSSI’s undertakings in regard to your personal information. For applicable data protection laws, PSSI is the data controller of personal information collected from you on our website or otherwise for the purposes of conducting or developing our business with you.
By using our website, you consent to our collection, use, sharing, retention and securing of personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be updated by PSSI from time to time.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see “What are Cookies?” below for further explanation). When you visit our website, our server automatically collects certain browser or device information, including but not limited to:
- Your IP address
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- Your browser type
- Your operating system
- The website pages you visited
- Information from third parties
- Other information about your computer or device
- Internet traffic
Though this personal information is collected, we do not use such personal information to attempt to identify you nor do we do associate this automatically collected information with the personal information you may provide voluntarily, or which is otherwise collected as described below.
In order to access and/or use certain portions of our website, or otherwise in conducting or developing business with us, you may provide personal information to us, or we may otherwise collect personal information in the following ways:
- By you filling in forms on our website, at a tradeshow/networking event or anywhere else where we conduct business
- By you subscribing to our newsletters or other forms of communication
- By you corresponding with us via phone, email, text or otherwise using our contact details
- From a company that employees you (if you are an employee of an existing or potential customer or vendor)
- From a publicly available source, such as your company’s website
Our website is not for use by children under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect, use, share, retain or secure the personal information of children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide any personal information, even if prompted to do so by our website. If you are under 16 years of age and you have provided personal information to us, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal information.
We use different types of cookies on our website for different purpose. These different types of cookies include:
- Performance Cookies – Cookies which allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and to see how visitors move around our website. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but then we will not know when you have visited our website and will not be able to monitor its performance
If you want to manage cookies, you can do so from your browser. You can find out how to do this by going to the help menu in your browser. In addition, please see www.allaboutcookies.org for further information about cookies.
The personal information we obtain through automatic collection by our website, which you voluntarily provide directly to us and/or we collect through other means as described above falls into the following categories of personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”):
- Information in Customer Records
- Commercial Information
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Geolocation Data
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory or Similar Information
- Inferences Drawn from any of the Information Identified Above
PSSI does not sell personal information we obtain to third parties. Because we do not sell personal information we obtain, we do not offer any financial incentive or any price/service difference in exchange for the retention or sale of personal information. The personal information collected by PSSI is used for the following purposes:
- To conduct and develop business with you and with others
- To provide you with the products and services you request
- To engage with you about our events, promotions, website and products and services
- To send you (where it is lawful to do so and subject to your consent where required) marketing communications
- To provide you with documentation or communications you have requested
- To correspond with you to resolve questions or complaints
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the personal information
- To operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and/or develop our website and our products and services
- To monitor and analyze trends, access to and use of our website for advertising and marketing
- To manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to, violations of terms and conditions, contract terms and/or laws and regulations
- To maintain records of visitors to our premises
- To administer, protect and ensure the safety of our premises, website, confidential and proprietary information and employees
Where it is lawful to do so, and subject to your consent where required, PSSI may correspond with you via email and/or text to tell you about our products and services and/or special offers we think you may find of value. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please use the “unsubscribe” link provided in the email or message the “stop” number in the text. In addition, you can notify us of your desire not to receive these communications by emailing us directly at email@example.com.
As PSSI is a group of related companies, we may share personal information with our affiliated companies. We may also share personal information with third-party service providers (who are appointed by us and who operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products and/or services to you, in conducting and managing our business and/or in managing and improving our website. We provide personal information to these affiliated companies and third-party service providers for the following purposes:
- To perform services that the third parties have been engaged by us to perform on our behalf, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures
- If required to be provided by law, legal process or other governmental entity having authority to make the request
- If we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss, or we believe that the disclosure will further an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities
In addition to sharing personal information with affiliated companies and third-party service providers, we also may share personal information with third parties in connection with the potential or actual sale of PSSI, or any of our assets, or those of any affiliate company, in which case personal information held by us may be one of the transferred assets.
Finally, we will also respond to requests for information where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
As a general rule, PSSI only keeps personal information for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in some circumstances we may be required to retain personal information for other periods of time. These circumstances include where we are required to maintain the personal information in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or we required to do so by law, legal process, a legal authority or another governmental entity having authority to make the request. In specific circumstances we may also retain personal information for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or disputes.
PSSI strives to safeguard and protect personal information we obtain from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and we utilize and maintain reasonable processes, systems and technologies to do so. However, you acknowledge that email is not generally recognized as a secure medium of communication, no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that the processes, systems, and technologies utilized and maintained by PSSI are subject to compromise. Accordingly, PSSI cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access to personal information that is beyond our reasonable control. In addition, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the personal information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128-bit encryption services. Pages on our website utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in regard to your personal information:
·The Right to Know – You may request that a business disclose to you what personal information they have collected, used, shared or sold about you, and why they have collected, used, shared or sold that information. Specifically, you may request that a business disclose (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) specific pieces of personal information collected, (iii) the categories of sources from which a business collected personal information, (iv) the purposes for which a business uses the personal information, (v) the categories of third parties with whom a business shares the personal information and (vi) the categories of information that a business sells or discloses to third parties
- The Right to Delete – You may request a business delete personal information they collected from you and to tell their third-party service providers to do the same. However, there are many exceptions that allow a business to keep your personal information
- The Right to Opt-Out of Sale – You may request that a business stop selling your personal information. With some exceptions, a business cannot sell your personal information after they have received your opt-out request unless you later provide authorization allowing them to do so again. A business must wait at least 12 months before asking you to opt back in to the sale of your personal information. Please note, PSSI does not sell personal information we collect
- The Right to Non-Discrimination – A business cannot deny goods or services, charge you a different price or provide a different level or quality of goods or services just because you exercised your rights under the CCPA. However, if you refuse to provide your personal information to a business or ask it to delete or stop selling your personal information, and that personal information or sale is necessary for the business to provide you with goods or services, the business may not be able to complete that transaction
Please note, the exercise of these rights is not absolute and may be subject to certain pre-conditions and exemptions.
Please note that when contacting us to exercise any of your rights, we may be required to verify your identity in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by applicable law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. PSSI will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.